Cultured Marble FAQs
- Can I install my own Cultured Marble top?
Yes, Cultured Marble tops are heavy and may require two people to install depending on the size of the top.
- Will Cultured Marble stain easily?
Cultured Marble is thoroughly tested to resist stains from ink, hair dye, nail polish, iodine, crayons, bleach, drain cleaner, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, and other products commonly found in bathrooms.
- Is your showroom open to the public?
Yes, the product showroom is open Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm. We will be happy to answer your questions, offer ideas, and assist with product selections.
- What if my Cultured Marble chips or scratches?
Cultured Marble is very rugged with a hard waterproof, stain proof surface. If it should scratch or chip, repairs can be made by a company technician.
- What is certified Cultured Marble?
Many Cultured Marble companies have their products tested regularly by a testing laboratory in compliance with ANSI specifications. This is an expensive test done to insure that the product that the marble manufacturer is making will be a high quality product the customer can enjoy for many years. The test is for stain resistance, scratch resistance, impact strength, and susceptibility to hot and cold water. A label will be attached to the product showing the product meets or exceeds all specifications.
- Can I have a Granite bowl?
No the bowls must be solid colors.
- What will I need to clean this product?
You can use most household cleaning products. Refer to our care sheet or to our Care & Maintenance page.
- What is your warranty?
Our warranty is 5 years limited to manufacturing defects.
- Should I use a cutting board to prevent scratches and cuts on my solid surface countertops?
Yes, a cutting board should always be used.
- Should we contact the manufacturer of our solid surface if we need professional refinishing and repair?
Yes, we have a staff of professionals to help our customers at any time
Natural & Engineered Stone FAQs
- How limited are my design options with stone?
We offer a wide range of custom capabilities that include angle, custom cut-outs, notches, banjo tops and ogee profiles, in-lengths up to 108” in natural granite colors and 94” in engineered colors.
- Will choosing stone delay my project?
We have available for quick ship delivery premium colors and standard sizes in both 19 1/4” and 22 1/4” depths. Custom specifications will require additional time for delivery. Talk to a member of our knowledgeable staff for more information.
- How consistent will the color of my top be with Natural Stone?
Granite is a coarse grained crystalline igneous rock composed primarily of quartz and feldspar. Because it is a natural material, it is subject to variation in mineral composition affecting color, flecks, and other aspects of appearance.
- What do I need to keep in mind with installation of a Natural or Engineered Stone vanity?
The weight of a granite vanity top is heavier than that of a cultured marble vanity top. Please address safety and handling issues for lifting, loading and unloading accordingly.
- How do I remove stains from my stone surface?
Blot the spill with a paper towel immediately. Don’t wipe the area, this will spread the spill. Flush the area with plain water and mild soap and rinse several times. Dry the area thoroughly with a soft cloth. Repeat as necessary. Do not use cleaners that contain acids like lemon or vinegar or abrasive cleaners. Using too much cleaner or soap may leave a film or cause streaks.